Interested in Aptify Mobile Point of Sales?
If you are interested in getting a demo or purchasing Aptify Mobile Point of Sales, contact the Aptify Client Success team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Aptify Mobile Point of Sale (POS) solution is designed for association staff members (aka "cashiers") to complete onsite orders for customers for both hard goods (books and merchandise) and soft goods (memberships, donations, etc.). The primary use case is a conference or event "bookstore" where multiple cashiers take orders using dedicated terminal or PC-based point of sale (POS) equipment to scan product barcodes, and take credit cards or cash as payment. Dedicated POS equipment poses problems because the solution is typically disconnected from the Aptify database and requires synchronization between the POS system and Aptify for the product catalog, pricing, member information, tax calculations, and transactions.
The POS solution is an iPad-based system connected to the Aptify database. It is easily transportable and capable of supporting the functionality provided by point of sale equipment used today.
- Aptify POS supports the following Aptify Product types:
- General – Subscription order lines will have default values of the fields that are not exposed by the POS app interface, such as the Subscription Start Date or Purchase Type
- Meetings – Meeting order lines will have default values of the fields that are not exposed by the POS app interface, such as the Meeting Attendee, and while sessions can be added separately, there is no session selection dialog available
- Kit Products and Product Groupings – Kit/Group products cannot be expanded to see the included products, on the POS app.
- The following Aptify Product Types are not supported:
- Class, Expo and Housing product types
- Products that have the attribute Currently Sold and/or Top Level Item option cleared and/or out of available date range are not supported. Ensure that these products are not made available through POS.
By default, only publication products with Hard Shipment and Email distribution types are allowed through the POS Products service. If additional supported products are to be used, an administrator can modify the vwPOSProductsVirtual database object. Ensure that unsupported products are not available for the POS app.
- The POS application only supports US Dollars.
- POS does not support product pre-requisites or minimum selling units setting.
- If a related product suggestion is available, the POS application will not prompt the user about it.
- If a newer version of a product is available, POS will not prompt the user about it, but it will automatically order that newer version rather than the product originally specified.
The procedures for implementing and using the Aptify Mobile POS application are as follows:
Aptify Mobile POS Event Readiness Checklist