The following instructions provide a step-by-step guide for the installation of Aptify 6.0 to a system that already has one of the following versions of Aptify installed:
- Aptify 5.5.6
- Aptify 5.5.5
- Aptify 5.5.4
- Aptify 5.5.3
Your server must be running Aptify 5.5.3 or above prior to installing the Aptify 6.0 update. There is currently NO direct path to update from Aptify 5.5.2 and below versions to Aptify 6.0. Any system running these earlier versions will first be required to update to Aptify 5.5.3 prior to applying Aptify 6.0 update. See Installing the Aptify 5.5.3 Update.
Important Pre-Installation Considerations
Important Post-Installation Considerations
- If you are running one or more instances of an Aptify application server, you will need to run the Object Repository Synchronizer utility to update the application server's Program Files folder so it has the latest Aptify objects. The Object Repository Synchronizer is included in the service pack's Utilities folder. See Configuring Multiple Instances of the Aptify Asynchronous Processor for more information about running more than one instance of the Application Server.
- Aptify Web now calls the Views service on every page change in the entity list view. Customers with view that load slowly will now see this slowness on every page change. It is recommended that these views be optimized using SSMS (or another query optimizer tool) when upgrading to improve the performance of the view SQL.
- Run the U.S. zip code update utility on your Aptify server. See Running the Update Utility for U.S. ZIP Codes.
- Check in the API bin folder for the ConfigManifestForm.dll file. If the file is available, delete it. This file may exist on systems that have gone through a major version upgrade. This file is not required by Aptify SOA or Aptify Web – it should be removed from the AptifyServicesAPI bin folder if it exists since it will force your app pool to run in 32-bit mode (without this file, your AptifyServicesAPI app pool can run in 64-bit mode).
- Verify that the correct versions of Crystal Reports have been installed. See Verifying the Installed Version of Crystal Reports for more information. If the incorrect version is installed, see Installing the Installing the Provided Version of Crystal Reports for more information.
- Aptify recommends that you consider enabling SQL Server snapshot isolation. Review the information in Enabling SQL Server Snapshot Isolation to determine whether enabling this function would improve your Aptify environment, and if needed, perform the steps to enable the function.
- If you have an Aptify Mobile Point of Sales installation, you will need to run the Object Repository Synchronizer utility to update the Aptify SOA bin folder so it has the latest Aptify objects. The Object Repository Synchronizer is included in the service pack's Utilities folder. Follow the object synchronization instructions in Step Four: Configuring Mobile Point of Sale Post-Installation to update the bin.
- If you are planning on installing the Aptify 6.0 Web interface, you must first install Aptify 6.0 database updates. See Implementing the Aptify Web Interface for more details on installing the web interface.
Perform the following procedures to install Aptify 6.0: